Elden Ring DLC - Shadow of the Erdtree update

Originally published at: https://www.alphagamer.net/index.php/2023/12/02/elden-ring-dlc-shadow-of-the-erdtree-update/

On the 28th of February FromSoftware, the makers of Elden Ring, announced that the DLC “Shadow of the Erdtree” was in development. So far no further details have been revealed about the content of the DLC or about the release date but it has been widely speculated that the DLC release would be sometime early in 2024.

However, on Friday the 1st of December, 2023, Yasuhiro Kitao, an Elden Ring Producer, answered questions during an interview with the Japanese website Game Watch. The DLC came up as well, see below the question:

Question: I think there are many players who are looking forward to DLC. How is the development progress?

Mr. Kitao: I will talk about DLC another time. It’s still a little ways off, but progress is going well. Like “Bloodborne”, it has new battles and new characters. Please look forward to new things.

It looks like Elden Ring fans will need to wait a bit longer for the DLC to become available. We will post any updates on DLC content and release date here.

Please see below the other questions from the interview. Please note these have been translated directly from Japanese so the grammer might be a bit off.

Question: It has received high praise and sales all over the world, and has become a representative work of FromSoftware in both name and reality. Please tell us your thoughts on the support from players.

Mr. Kitao: We were also surprised that so many users were playing the game, which we didn’t expect. There are no words more than gratitude. I’m really grateful.

Question: Almost two years have passed since its release, but when you look back on the work “ELDEN RING”, have you noticed any changes in your way of thinking about production?

Mr. Kitao: Basically, our stance on development has not changed. Our long-standing stance has been to work diligently and diligently to create something interesting and valuable.

Question: I believe you have moved to a new office, but does the huge success of “ELDEN RING” have something to do with it? Also, how has your system changed since you moved?

Mr. Kitao: Even before the release of “ELDEN RING,” the main reason was that the office was becoming too small for the number of people. The aim was also to create an environment where they could concentrate more. The development environment itself is still in its infancy, but it is improving.

Question: It has remained popular even two years after its release, but what do you think made it popular?

Mr. Kitao: I think it’s the high degree of freedom in strategy. I think it’s because each user has a different experience and the way they play the game that they continue to play for a long time. I think this has given rise to a lot of topics.

Please also see the original announcement of the DLC.

Rise, Tarnished, and let us walk a new path together.
An upcoming expansion for #ELDENRING Shadow of the Erdtree, is currently in development.
We hope you look forward to new adventures in the Lands Between. pic.twitter.com/cjJYijM7Mw

— ELDEN RING (@ELDENRING) February 28, 2023