Elden Ring - Tibia Mariner Boss in Summonwater Village

Originally published at: Elden Ring – Tibia Mariner Boss in Summonwater Village – Alphagamer

If you have been following my blog here on Alphagamer you must have seen my previous posts about the Elden Ring DLC called Shadow of the Erdtree that is scheduled for release in June of this year. The announcement of the release date in February rekindled the fire to play again, resulting in me starting a fresh new character: a Samurai!

By now, having spent more than 250+ hours in Elden Ring, I decided to share some of it here on Alphagamer and through Youtube. In this short post I am sharing my first Elden Ring movie that I posted to Youtube earlier this week. It shows how to defeat the first (of four) Tibia Mariner boss resulting in receiving the first Deathroot early in the game. Deathroot can be given to an NPC in exchange for rewards. However, the kill of this specific Tibia Mariner boss initiates an event that opens a portal to a much higher level area that is great for farming runes early game (1000 runes a kill, which from level 10 up to 75 is enormous), more on this farm spot soon.

Even though this is not a highly complicated and hard boss to kill there are a couple of things you want to take in account when attempting this boss. For one, the Tibia Mariners are Undead, therefore you likely want to use some kind of Holy damage. The other thing is that they spawn Skeletons (which are logically also Undead…). Therefore, Holy damage is the way to go. In this guide I will show how to get the Sacred Blade Ash of War which allows to use Holy damange on a sword.

The guide can be broken down into 3 sections:

1. How to get the Sacred Blade – Ash of War
  2. How to apply the Sacred Blade on your main weapon
  3. How to defeat the Tibia Mariner boss in Summonwater Village in Limgrave

You can watch the video below or select the chapter from the video description on Youtube.

This is my first attempt at making a “how to” movie about Elden Ring using video techniques that are new to me, like voice overs, etc. I know there is a lot of room for improvement but I would be grateful for any feedback.