Start Your MMO Journey with Alphagamer for Free!

Originally published at: Start Your MMO Journey with Alphagamer for Free! – Alphagamer

While reading game news and watching footage of RPG’s and MMO’s I got nostalgic and thought it would be great to get a group back together, as we used to do as a community in World of Warcraft. This idea got amplified over the weekend when I found out you can actually try one of the most successful MMORPG’s of current times for free, so I decided the pitch the idea and see if I can convince anybody to join me in my try-out.

Which MMO am I talking about, is it really free and what is required to be able to play?

Those are good questions.

To answer the most important question first, I am talking about Final Fantasy XIV (or 14), one of the most successful MMORPG’s today. Final Fantasy 14 is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) set in the enchanting world of Eorzea. Players embark on a grand adventure, immersing themselves in a captivating narrative filled with diverse characters and exploring visually stunning landscapes. With a flexible job system, engaging group content, and regular updates, it offers a dynamic and inclusive gaming experience for both newcomers and seasoned MMO enthusiasts.

Final Fantasy 14, or FF14 in short, first released in September of 2010 resulting in a big fiasco with Square Enix taking the game offline altogether. They re-released the game in August 2013 with a launch that was well received becoming a staple in the MMO genre.

Why this game?

I recently found out you can play the core game with the expansions Heavensward and Stormblood, leveling up to level 70 (max level is 90) for free. With FF14 being a staple in the genre and the initial experience being free I thought this would be a good test case for a small group to get back into an MMO.

What is needed to play?

That is fairly straight forward. An internet connection, which I assume you have as you are reading this 🙂 You also need a computer or a Playstation 4 or 5. That is it!

The Windows requirements are:

CPU: Intel Core i5 2.4 Ghz or higher (this is a processor from 2011)

GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX750 or higher (early 2014 release) or AMD Radeon R7 260X or higher

Interested in diving into Final Fantasy 14 with me? Let me know if you’re game, and let’s start this adventure together!